5/13/09

hybrid


I give you the Matiko lace-up bootie. Its nothing really new in the half bootie, half sandal (sootie? sandootie? boondal?) category. No matter how you describe it, its all chic. If you squint and tilt your head sideways, the open lace detailing looks a teeny tiny bit similar to the Ann D's (which I am still pining over). Ummm, maybe not so much. I was thinking it would make a great addition to my already bursting-at-the-seams shoe closet. Just kidding, credit card...but they are nice, right?


Matiko lace-up bootie, $148 at urbanoutfitters.com

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hmmm... I like bootie/sandal hybrids, especially the ones by Dolce Vita, but these really aren't doing it for me. I think the lacing throws me off. I don't know. Great blog though =)

Shini said...

yeeeees it does look like Ann D's, I like boondal for the name btw, it should so be called that everywhere now... only if they weren't that expensive!

I wish we had shoes-making DIYs somewhere....

tobaccoandleather said...

they are definitely something special from the high street, i'm going to keep my eye out for those!

oh and the corset over the tee thing, sounds great, ebay tend to have some great ones incase you hadn't already looked. i got one dead cheap from h&m though.

-X-

thanks for reading my blog and leaving your comments :)

Char.Lotte said...

these are to die for. perfect for summer!