7/18/09

Valentino Couture

In general I thought this collection was a huge departure from the Valentino we are used to seeing (i.e. no signature red dress). which is a good thing as the house is evolving with its new creative directors. I think it was one of the strongest collections that Chiuri and Piccioli have put forth so far. The above is one of my favorite looks of all the Fall '09 Couture collections. The feminine, frothy ruffly nude top is smartly paired with a youthfully edgy skirt.

I love the high ruffles on this jacket. Its a look that is both modern and regal.


style.com

5 comments:

Is This Real Life? said...

Beautiful pic's!

Tessies Hearts said...

oh really you think the change was good...I prefered how it was, no denying they're gorgeous but I was sad not to see the old signature bits!


nicola xx

nicolaticolaponders.blogspot.com

ALWAYS CHASING said...

The ruffled overcoat is amazing! ...I think in a deep red & longer hem it could have been belted and became a stricking red dress.

jane st. clair said...

i really like this new line!!

thanks for sharing!

xo,
the little violet dress

La Dauphine said...

I loved this collection! I thought it was absolutely stunning.

http://ladauphinestyle.blogspot.com