9/29/11

dries van noten s/s 2012


I was flying home from New York a couple of years ago and was mesmerized by the nighttime cityscapes; the twinkling lights below in arty, geometric patterns. I wondered how those images would look if printed on clothing... and after seeing this amazing collection I have my answer. Van Noten used prints by English photographer James Reeve on silk taffeta peplum skirts and silk sheaths. The designer even ingeniously replicated the images on a coat using colored crystals. Prints of jungle scenes, seascapes and botanical etchings were collaged together on various pieces. One of my favorite looks is a pumpkin-hued trouser with an abbreviated skirt attached worn with a white silk tee and coat emblazoned with unapologetic imagery of Las Vegas.



style.com

No comments: